Monday, July 09, 2012

The only bad Boilermaker is the Boilermaker you don't run.

Greens Morelli and Hats with the meat sauce for dinner. 13,000 starters. Seriously, every year I think it can't get more crowded, and every year it somehow manages to. Hot. This is the first  time I can recall feeling nauseous for the first mile, but I pretty much pulled it together after that. Saw a deer running on the golf course at around Mile 3. The top of the golf course hill is one of the best things I see every summer, and the downhill after that is as good a feeling as I know. The Utica Zoo made a good showing, but I wish they'd get another llama. Orange popsicle this year. Rounding the corner for the last mile, a band with, I'd guess, over a dozen drum kits, banging away-- big motivator, but I wonder where they rehearsed? Full pipe band at Hanna Park, right when I needed them.


Every year it's my favorite part of the summer.

| Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com